LAAND | Duke Studios | 3 Sheaf Street | Leeds | LS10 1HD
0113 322 7952
Meanwhile Use Masterplan
Based in the creative hub of Leeds City Centre’s South Bank, LAAND provides a full suite of Landscape Architecture services to clients across the UK. We are design driven studio that is drawn to the relationship between people and place and how landscape connects communities, animates spaces and has the potential to shape social and economic change.
LAAND was founded in 2012 following 12 years planning, designing and delivering challenging projects for large multi-national environmental consultancies. Capitalising on our multi-disciplinary experience we now bring a fresh approach to landscape planning, assessment and design.
We provide a personable and proactive service, we think holistically about a project's life-cycle to deliver design quality and value for money. We are always keen to meet and talk landscape, public realm and all things in between. If you would like to discuss a potential project, collaboration or seek some friendly advice please do get in touch via our Contacts Page
We are a studio that thrives in a project team.
We can call upon a wide creative, environmental and professional network to add skills, resource and value where required.
For a flavour of our experience and the contribution we can make to your project have a look at the Biosketch of our Director, Alan Nowell
Zoning + Access
LAAND provides a full suite of landscape architecture and stakeholder engagement services to clients in the public and private sectors, alongside freelance senior resources to Landscape Architecture practices.
For an example of how we can help you or your clients see our our services summaries below. If you have something unique discuss please do get in touch via our Contacts Page
Residential Scheme Bury
Feasibility and Planning Services
• Landscape Character Assessments
• Landscape capacity studies
• Soil remediation strategies
• Tree surveys, Constraints Plans and advice
• Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
• Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) – Mixed use schemes, Residential, Road schemes to DMRB, Highways Signage, Flood alleviation, waste sites, quarries and industrial schemes
• Planning Application Support
• Design and Access Statements
• Green Infrastructure Assessment and Strategies
• Urban Design Guides
Illustrative Photomontages - Industrial Expansion Project
• Design Competition input
• Hard and Soft works Schemes
• Public Realm (Parks, streetscapes, commercial areas)
• Flood alleviation schemes (including offline/online storage, channel widening and mitigation works)
• Historic restoration including parkland and Heritage Lottery Funded schemes
• Habitat Creation
• Mixed use and residential developments
• Educational establishments (Schools, Universities etc.)
• Play scheme design and land art
• Social Regeneration schemes for mixed tenure estates
• Planting design (commercial, residential, highways, waste, urban and rural situations)
• Restoration Plans (including long term phasing design, earthworks, and planting for waste, manufacturing)
• Sketch Visualization including hand rendered images, digital photomontages and 3D modelling.
• Tender of Landscape Works
Green Spaces for People
• IAP2 qualified (International Association of Public Participation)
• Stakeholder engagement strategies
• Community presentations, workshops and open days including all visualizations, graphics and attendance
• Public consultation including reporting
• Section 253 agreement negotiations and compensation works (Offsite planting for Highways Agency)
Chevin Park, Menston
Places for People
Places for People